Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Trolling motors in parellel

Now that's a real thought provoking question!

My initial and un-scientific guess it that you would get something less than
the paper calculations might show because you have the added physical drag
from the second motor that MIGHT be greater than that from a single motor.
I would suspect that the actual displacement of two motors would be greater
than that of a single motor I.E.; more stuff in the water equals more drag.
Secondly, if the single motor is rated at a higher efficiency than the two
motors are, you've lost ground in battery life. Conversely if the smaller
motors are more efficient, you're ahead of the hounds.

As I said... What a thought provoking question.

Here's bettin' that this stirs up a lot of opinions and will be fun to
follow!

Don Dando

trolling motors in parallel? Shaun Van Poecke Boat Building 0 February 16th 07 08:35 PM
Electric trolling motors Bob S Boat Building 7 February 3rd 07 03:20 PM
Electric trolling motors Bob S General 4 January 27th 07 03:29 PM
What is trolling and how do you know if your group is invaded by trolls and rude people? JeanneDArc~ ASA 5 December 18th 06 09:01 PM
Submarine Motors Chris General 1 July 19th 05 03:46 PM