BoatBanter.com

-   -   plywood fuel tanks (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/77279-plywood-fuel-tanks.html)

Sir Karl January 6th 07 04:48 PM

plywood fuel tanks

I am rebuilding a Nova Scotia lobster boat to go cruising in the Carribean.
I am thinking of building epoxy covered diesel fuel tanks. Anabody having
any experienec with those?

Thanks

Luc
MV/ Julie C
Montreal

Don Dando January 7th 07 03:58 AM

plywood fuel tanks

There has been a lot of problems with plastic and fiberglass gasoline tanks
because of ethanol as a required additive. Who knows if ethanol will be
added to diesel fuel? I think I'd make an aluminum tank and not worry about
future changes in fuels.

Don Dando