posted to rec.boats.building

Default Looking For A CAD Program To Design My Own Canoe

Looking for any info on buying a inexpensive CAD program to desgn a
simple open canoe and to be able to print out diagrams for the
Stations. Max Surf is way to pricey. The hull will be 19'x19" with bow
height of 17" and stern of 15". In it's final appearance I'm fitting it
with amas and iakos to make an outrigger canoe. Any thought would be
appreciated. For example perhaps there is a lofting book source I could
you use to design it.

Douglas wrote:
Looking for any info on buying a inexpensive CAD program to desgn a
simple open canoe and to be able to print out diagrams for the
Stations. Max Surf is way to pricey. The hull will be 19'x19" with bow
height of 17" and stern of 15". In it's final appearance I'm fitting it
with amas and iakos to make an outrigger canoe. Any thought would be
appreciated. For example perhaps there is a lofting book source I could
you use to design it.

You can't get any cheaper than FreeShip, which - as the name implies -
is free. There's even a canoe design tutorial that you can download for
it. You can get them both at www.freeship.org.

posted to rec.boats.building

You may like to try Google Sketchup it is free. I have just downloaded
it I find it quite easy to get use to.

http://sketchup.google.com/

Hullform: http://www.hullform.com/

--