posted to rec.boats.building

Default 1962 Johnson 75 problems

I have a 1962 Johnson 75 on my '63 Thompson. It runs rough and I am working
on that, but what I have discovered is that if the carb access panel remains
open, it will run, but if I close the panel, it will slowly die. The engine
has a large air open air vent on the bottom of the power head so there
should be enough air getting into the carbs, but evidently not, Any
suggestions would be welcome.

--
Paul Fisher