BoatBanter.com

-   -   PythonDrive CV Coupling? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/73854-pythondrive-cv-coupling.html)

CS September 12th 06 09:55 PM

PythonDrive CV Coupling?

What kind of coupling joint does the Centaflex use?

Here are 2 pics
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image47.html
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image48.html

Brian Cleverly September 13th 06 12:04 AM

PythonDrive CV Coupling?

Adrian Smith wrote:

"Adrian Smith" wrote in message
. uk...

I posted this to a number of groups as I'm sure it's of interest to all.

I'm looking to purchase a CV coupling to go between the engine and the
prop shaft.

The two contenders seem to be either an Aquadrive or a PythonDrive. The
PythonDrive is cheaper. Has anyone any experience with the PythonDrive.

Will it handle movement from a soft mounted engine in up/ down, side/ side
and fore/ aft directions.

My engine is currently coupled to the prop shaft with a R&D flexible shaft
coupling, this is basically a plastic plate that can flex slightly.
Although the setup works, it's a bit primitive. At certain throttle
settings the engine bounces about a bit and vibrations can be felt.

Any info will be appreciated.

Adrian Smith

Guys, thanks for all your help.

I'll post here with what I decide to do and the results for others to
benefit from.

Adrian Smith

US prices range from $900 to 9500.

See US distributor:

http://www.pyiinc.com/index.php?acti...section=python

I was planning to go that route, but thanks to this thread I'm pretty sure I'll
go with Centra.

Brian C (for direct reply add an ell after the c)

Adrian Smith September 13th 06 11:05 AM

PythonDrive CV Coupling?

"CS" wrote in message
ups.com...

What kind of coupling joint does the Centaflex use?

Here are 2 pics
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image47.html
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image48.html

I had overlooked the fact that you have a relatively long shaft between two
Centaflex couplings. If my engine was further away from the stern I would be
tempted to do the same.

After much thought I am going to fit the PythonDrive P60K 372GBP.

Thanks for supplying the pics, I read your website with great interest:-)

Adrian Smith

Brian Whatcott September 14th 06 02:27 AM

PythonDrive CV Coupling?

On 12 Sep 2006 13:55:19 -0700, "CS" wrote:

What kind of coupling joint does the Centaflex use?

Here are 2 pics
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image47.html
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image48.html

Holy cow!