BoatBanter.com

-   -   Engine Mounting Bolts (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7197-engine-mounting-bolts.html)

Bill July 8th 04 10:55 PM

Engine Mounting Bolts

I am repowering twin crucaders. The lag bolts that are used to secure the
motomounts to the engine beds should I use stainless or galvanized? I heard
the stainless are to hard and will snap due to vibration?

I have the original Crucaders manual and state that either type of bolt may
be used.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill

John July 9th 04 05:16 PM

Engine Mounting Bolts

"Bill" wrote in message ...
I am repowering twin crucaders. The lag bolts that are used to secure the
motomounts to the engine beds should I use stainless or galvanized? I heard
the stainless are to hard and will snap due to vibration?

I have the original Crucaders manual and state that either type of bolt may
be used.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, before you snap good stainless you will probably strip out the
wood in your engine beds. I've never had a problem with stainless,
I've had them on several boats.