posted to rec.boats.building

Default 1960 Popular Science Boat Kit Ad.

Corrugated cardboard, die-cut and numbered, forms the frame of a
fibreglass dinghy mold. To it you fasten a wooden breast hook, transom,
seat, gussets, and gunwales. Pull the cotton-jersey "sock" over this and
harden it with resin. Two layers of fibreglass and resin go on, then a
wood keel and rub rails. The cardboard is pulled out. Kit for 61/2 foot
dink is $89.

I found this ad with three photos in a 1960 Popular Science magazine. I
found this interesting. Thanks, Ted in Mich

posted to rec.boats.building

Reminds me of my first boat project. In 1955 I was about 11 and pestering
my dad for a sailboat. That year under the Christmas tree I found a big box
with a picture of a cute little sprit rigged pram on the outside. Inside
was a pile of precut plywood and a bag of screws! Took me until June to put
it together and it leaked like a sieve but I had a great time bailing my way
around the pond. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com