BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mirror Dinghy Construction Manual or Plans Required (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7169-mirror-dinghy-construction-manual-plans-required.html)

[email protected] June 30th 04 04:43 PM

Mirror Dinghy Construction Manual or Plans Required

I've recently purchased a 30 yr old unfinished mirror dinghy.
Unfortunately, the boat didn't come with the construction
manual/plans. Does anybody out there have the plans/manual that I
could borrow/copy/have, or know where I may be able to acquire them ?
I've tried dropping a couple of emails to Trident-UK, but they haven't
responded. Any help would be appreceiated.
Julian

Simon Brooke June 30th 04 06:05 PM

Mirror Dinghy Construction Manual or Plans Required

in message ,
') wrote:

I've recently purchased a 30 yr old unfinished mirror dinghy.
Unfortunately, the boat didn't come with the construction
manual/plans. Does anybody out there have the plans/manual that I
could borrow/copy/have, or know where I may be able to acquire them ?
I've tried dropping a couple of emails to Trident-UK, but they haven't
responded. Any help would be appreceiated.

How unfinished? I've never built one, but I've repaired several, so
could probably supply photos and advice if it would help. But I don't
know how the original jigging up of the bulkheads to get a fair hull
was supposed to be done.

Morning had broken, and we had run out of gas for the welding torch.

Ian Johnston July 1st 04 08:17 PM

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:43:58 UTC, wrote:

: I've recently purchased a 30 yr old unfinished mirror dinghy.
: Unfortunately, the boat didn't come with the construction
: manual/plans. Does anybody out there have the plans/manual that I
: could borrow/copy/have...

Yes, I have a full set of building instructions. You are welcome to a
copy. Let's move it to email ...

Ian

[email protected] July 3rd 04 01:12 PM

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2-PlHlj8vNPGNc@localhost...
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:43:58 UTC, wrote:

: I've recently purchased a 30 yr old unfinished mirror dinghy.
: Unfortunately, the boat didn't come with the construction
: manual/plans. Does anybody out there have the plans/manual that I
: could borrow/copy/have...

Yes, I have a full set of building instructions. You are welcome to a
copy. Let's move it to email ...

Ian

Thanks for the response Ian. Please mail me at my ntl account.

Ian Johnston July 4th 04 09:54 AM

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:12:26 UTC, wrote:

: Thanks for the response Ian. Please mail me at my ntl account.

Tried. Bounced.

Ian

[email protected] July 6th 04 04:25 PM

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2-zQh36TeIj40d@localhost...
On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:12:26 UTC, wrote:

: Thanks for the response Ian. Please mail me at my ntl account.

Tried. Bounced.

Ian

--

It's working OK for me.

Thanks,
Julian

[email protected] July 12th 04 01:57 PM

wrote in message . com...
I've recently purchased a 30 yr old unfinished mirror dinghy.
Unfortunately, the boat didn't come with the construction
manual/plans. Does anybody out there have the plans/manual that I
could borrow/copy/have, or know where I may be able to acquire them ?
I've tried dropping a couple of emails to Trident-UK, but they haven't
responded. Any help would be appreceiated.
Julian

Ian - received your mail but can't reply:
The SMTP server mta01-svc:25 could not be contacted. Your message has not been sent.