Dan

Default Source forTank Hold down kits

I am looking for a souce for fuel tank / water tank hold down kits
These are existing tanks, not new ones
Any ideas?
Tanks, Dan
Peggie Hall

Dan wrote:
I am looking for a souce for fuel tank / water tank hold down kits.

As far as I know--and I've been at this for nearly 20 years--there is no
such thing.

But it's very easy to design and make your own, using lawn chair
webbing, a grommet tool and buckles...or, if you only want to keep it
from sliding (tanks don't bounce up and down much), some quarter-round
or picture frame moulding epoxied or screwed down at each of the corners.

If neither of those ideas suit you, do whatever does work.

--
Peggie
----------

Boatdreams

The existing tanks are the original tanks and there were no mounting
brackets or straps installed? Were the tanks just wedged in between framing
members? Why is the original mounting system no longer adequate? What
size, shape and material are the tanks?
Regards, Boatdreams.

"Dan" wrote in message
news
I am looking for a souce for fuel tank / water tank hold down kits
These are existing tanks, not new ones
Any ideas?
Tanks, Dan

Dan

The PO removed the fuel tank and didn't keep anything. It's all up to
me now
The original fuel tank mount, which is a 2x4 tabbed to the hull has
some screw holes in it indicating there was a mount at one time. I can
fabricate something for this.

The fresh water mount had rotted away and was removed.
This tank is a rectangular plastic tank, 16 gallons, I think.
The existing mount for this tank, as far as I can tell, was a piece of
plywood tabbed vertical in the settee which prevented the tank from
moving forward. There was a like piece of plywood at the aft end of
the tank to prevent the tank from moving aft, except this piece of
plywood had a 2x4 screwed to the bottom of it for the tank to sit on.
There was no support under the tank except for the 2x4 at one end.

I have fabricated a new frame for the tank to sit on out of 1/2" five
ply laminated together to make it 1" wide, 2" think. When the tank is
installed, it cannot move forward or aft or sideways for that matter.
It can move up and down a little, about 1", so I felt I needed some
straps to keep it from moving up and down. It sits under the strbd
settee and cannot come out unless I have much bigger things to worry
about.
According to Peggy, I might be worrying about nothing.
Am I worrying about nothing?
A few pics of what's going are located here.
Thank you for the replies.
I like the lawn chair strap idea. I also have to re-install the waste
tank. There is nothing left for it to sit on either, but I have to buy
Peggy's book and read it first.

htt ://home.wmis.net/~dhapp/tanksupport.html
( you'll have to make it http )
Here's the rest of the project :-)
htt ://home.wmis.net/~dhapp/page01.jpg
Boatdreams

Box it in and strap it down. Sounds good to me.
Regards, Boatdreams.