BoatBanter.com

-   -   Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7156-commercial-wilderness-tripping-canoe-plans.html)

Matt Langenfeld June 28th 04 10:51 PM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddet...p?prod=Sas18.5

Thanks,

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Backyard Renegade June 29th 04 04:11 AM

Matt Langenfeld wrote in message hlink.net...
http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddet...p?prod=Sas18.5

Thanks,

This constant spamming is getting a little old. I know you came here
recently to sell your wares and give "tips" such as "measure once, cut
twice" to see your website sig file and that is ok, but just a link to
a commercial page is beyond the spirit of this group. Of course if you
had been around helping for a while before you came in hell bent on
using us as your own personal ad agency you would have known that...

Scotty, and don't bother flaming me. Consider me png here if you
wish...

Backyard Renegade June 29th 04 04:15 AM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

Matt Langenfeld wrote in message hlink.net...
http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddet...p?prod=Sas18.5

Thanks,

And before anyone flames me, go back and do a google and see over 1100
mostly helpful and detailed posts in the last couple of years, less
than a dozen I would be willing to bet, selling my own wares.

Scotty

Matt Langenfeld June 29th 04 11:28 AM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

so augh .... waddya trying to say? ;)

thanks for the input.

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Backyard Renegade June 29th 04 03:57 PM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

Matt Langenfeld wrote in message nk.net...
so augh .... waddya trying to say? ;)

thanks for the input.

What I am saying is you are like the last spammer that came to this
group with cad drawings of untested boats (internet cartoons)... I
guess it is time for me to leave this group to you all. After all,
several such as Spira, Jaques, etc, have made it real big on the
internet by putting out cad drawings and having folks build the
prototypes, many times providing photos that can be used as sales
tools means a kickback on the plans. Some even spent countless hours
pounding the search engines, but at least he had some real credentials
and represented established designers. You told me you "run you plans
by" some friend that works at a design corp. I told you the first time
you contacted me and asked if I would put a link to you on my site
that I felt what you were doing was irresponsible. I guess I just
can't operate like that. I leave this group to the plan hawkers and
agenda drivers... Skcusemans has always been close to me but now I
realize why there may indeed be a need for orginazations such as
sname. Skcusemans is dead... If anyone is interested in unbiased help
or plans for boats that have actually been built and tested, you all
know where to find me.

Backyard Renegade June 29th 04 04:13 PM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

I should note that there are indeed many folks here that really do
want to help. Brian D, Glen A, Steve B, etc... These folks answer even
when they do not have a personal commercial link to point to. There
are several others too, if you are not here to spam or hawk plans,
please add yourself to the above list.

Well, it has been a wonderful few years on RBB, and I will miss many
of you including but not limited to Jaques, Steve B,Glen A, Brian D,
Will W, Evan G, and many others.

I guess some of you know I had not been healthy for a couple of
seasons and did not do much building but now that I am healthy I think
it is time to melt back into the shop and re-examine my center. Thanks
again RBB, it was fun.

Later, Scotty, the Backyard Renegade. "I just want to build boats"

Backyard Renegade June 29th 04 08:09 PM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

Matt Langenfeld wrote in message nk.net...
so augh .... waddya trying to say? ;)

thanks for the input.

--
Matt Langenfeld

And one last point, this response itself of yours shows the sheer
disrespect you have for the users of this newsgroup.

Matt Langenfeld June 29th 04 11:56 PM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

If you do also recall, we had a further conversation in the e-mail and I
detailed what goes into my designs/plans. You said "Oh well I feel
better knowing that". Or something to that effect.

Yes I have a couple friends who are naval desingers, one for the Dutch
Navy, and I get their opinions. But I bring my own qualifications as
engineer and my 20+ years paddling. Building prototypes, of which I've
done and are on the web site, doesn't prove much of anything. There's a
lot more that goes into it. There are rules, formulas, some pretty
heafty spreadsheets, and common sense. Building someting doesn't qualify
it as safe.

Me engaging you in any sort of conversation won't lead to anything
useful for anyone. So I'll just pass.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as we all are. Someone may
have the same opinion of you.

I encourage you to try to frame you future input in a more constructive
manner. People will respect you more because of it. Perhaps when you see
my name as the poster, you can just skip on over the message. Give you
less stress.

Best of luck to you.

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Matt Langenfeld June 29th 04 11:57 PM

Commercial - Wilderness Tripping Canoe Plans

that's incorrect

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Backyard Renegade June 30th 04 02:12 PM

Matt Langenfeld wrote in message ink.net...
If you do also recall, we had a further conversation in the e-mail and I
detailed what goes into my designs/plans. You said "Oh well I feel
better knowing that". Or something to that effect.

This is certainly not the conversation we had

Yes I have a couple friends who are naval desingers, one for the Dutch
Navy, and I get their opinions.

This is certainly not the conversation we had, you told me he was a
employee of a local plastic kayak maker....