Jonathan

Default Looking ahead, a mast for the Argie 10..

The designer of this dinghy I am building, specified a 2" aluminum tube,
with 1/8th inch walls, to be in two sections. He also included a drawing
for the machining of a plug to assemble the two sections of the mast,
which otherwise fir into the dinghy for towing/transport,

So far I have not had much luck tracking this down. I suppose I can use
something else. The sail, which I bought on ebay, does not have a
sleeve, so I was going to use hoops instead. Any thoughts on a mast, or
materials procurement in the Boston area would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Rick

Laminated spruce might work if you put a pulley at the peak.

Jonathan wrote:
The designer of this dinghy I am building, specified a 2" aluminum tube,
with 1/8th inch walls, to be in two sections. He also included a drawing
for the machining of a plug to assemble the two sections of the mast,
which otherwise fir into the dinghy for towing/transport,

So far I have not had much luck tracking this down. I suppose I can use
something else. The sail, which I bought on ebay, does not have a
sleeve, so I was going to use hoops instead. Any thoughts on a mast, or
materials procurement in the Boston area would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

HELP! Need suggestions on making mast & sails sandy Boat Building 10 February 8th 04 04:24 PM
mast steps - fastep? bruce General 0 January 23rd 04 03:24 AM
Red over green mast light for sailboat Lee Huddleston Boat Building 4 September 15th 03 04:57 PM
Segmented Mast for R. Nymph? John L. Boat Building 4 July 21st 03 05:09 PM
Looking for Rainbow Mast Harper Boat Building 1 July 11th 03 03:12 PM