posted to rec.boats.building
tom

Default need carburetor parts

I have a 1995 Force 40 hp engine. Today i broke a throttle shaft in the
carburetor. Does anyone know where i can get parts for this carb?
http://coopscorner.com/pontoon/misc/force-carb.htm

Thanks for any help. tom

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe

"tom" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a 1995 Force 40 hp engine. Today i broke a throttle shaft in the
carburetor. Does anyone know where i can get parts for this carb?
http://coopscorner.com/pontoon/misc/force-carb.htm

Thanks for any help. tom

EBAY could be a good option.

Also

Find a boat shop in your area that has been around for a long time and ask
if they have any Force outboards in their bone pile.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

posted to rec.boats.building
tom tom is offline

I have looked on Ebay with not much luck. A boat mechanic at one of our
marinas gave me an old carb he had laying around. The throttle shaft was
larger than the one i need. I will call around some more marinas this week.
Thanks for the help...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"tom" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a 1995 Force 40 hp engine. Today i broke a throttle shaft in the
carburetor. Does anyone know where i can get parts for this carb?
http://coopscorner.com/pontoon/misc/force-carb.htm

Thanks for any help. tom

EBAY could be a good option.

Also

Find a boat shop in your area that has been around for a long time and ask
if they have any Force outboards in their bone pile.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
Fishing Forums & Contests
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

posted to rec.boats.building
tom tom is offline

Wow, i looked on ebay, but i didnt think to check ebay motors. I think i
found a company about 80 miles from me that can get the throttle shaft. I am
going to take the old one to him wednesday and make sure it is the same. If
it isn't i will contact the guy on ebay and get him to measure the butterfly
to make sure mine is the same. I sure do appreciate your help. I never even
thought about ebay motors. Thanks again...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I bit much for just the shaft, but

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...spagenameZWD1V

"tom" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have looked on Ebay with not much luck. A boat mechanic at one of our
marinas gave me an old carb he had laying around. The throttle shaft was
larger than the one i need. I will call around some more marinas this
week. Thanks for the help...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"tom" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a 1995 Force 40 hp engine. Today i broke a throttle shaft in the
carburetor. Does anyone know where i can get parts for this carb?
http://coopscorner.com/pontoon/misc/force-carb.htm

Thanks for any help. tom

EBAY could be a good option.

Also

Find a boat shop in your area that has been around for a long time and
ask if they have any Force outboards in their bone pile.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
Fishing Forums & Contests
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

posted to rec.boats.building

And if all else fails; the throttle shafts I've seen are not really exotic
pieces. Just a length of brass rod with some flats milled and a couple of
holes drilled and tapped. If you took the old one to a good machine shop,
I'd expect them to duplicate if for less than fifty bucks.

Roger (a file is a poor man's milling machine)

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"tom" wrote in message
nk.net...
Wow, i looked on ebay, but i didnt think to check ebay motors. I think i
found a company about 80 miles from me that can get the throttle shaft. I
am going to take the old one to him wednesday and make sure it is the
same. If it isn't i will contact the guy on ebay and get him to measure
the butterfly to make sure mine is the same. I sure do appreciate your
help. I never even thought about ebay motors. Thanks again...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I bit much for just the shaft, but

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...spagenameZWD1V

"tom" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have looked on Ebay with not much luck. A boat mechanic at one of our
marinas gave me an old carb he had laying around. The throttle shaft was
larger than the one i need. I will call around some more marinas this
week. Thanks for the help...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"tom" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a 1995 Force 40 hp engine. Today i broke a throttle shaft in the
carburetor. Does anyone know where i can get parts for this carb?
http://coopscorner.com/pontoon/misc/force-carb.htm

Thanks for any help. tom

EBAY could be a good option.

Also

Find a boat shop in your area that has been around for a long time and
ask if they have any Force outboards in their bone pile.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
Fishing Forums & Contests
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

posted to rec.boats.building
tom tom is offline

I have thought about that. Maybe even taking the old shaft and having it
welded or braised and milled back down. Hopefully I can get the part without
having to do that, i feel like i can. thanks for the tip...

"derbyrm" wrote in message
m...
And if all else fails; the throttle shafts I've seen are not really exotic
pieces. Just a length of brass rod with some flats milled and a couple of
holes drilled and tapped. If you took the old one to a good machine shop,
I'd expect them to duplicate if for less than fifty bucks.

Roger (a file is a poor man's milling machine)

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"tom" wrote in message
nk.net...
Wow, i looked on ebay, but i didnt think to check ebay motors. I think i
found a company about 80 miles from me that can get the throttle shaft. I
am going to take the old one to him wednesday and make sure it is the
same. If it isn't i will contact the guy on ebay and get him to measure
the butterfly to make sure mine is the same. I sure do appreciate your
help. I never even thought about ebay motors. Thanks again...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I bit much for just the shaft, but

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...spagenameZWD1V

"tom" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have looked on Ebay with not much luck. A boat mechanic at one of our
marinas gave me an old carb he had laying around. The throttle shaft was
larger than the one i need. I will call around some more marinas this
week. Thanks for the help...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
k.net...