posted to rec.boats.building
anxiousboater

Default water proofing deck

I have been trying to decide what to seal up the decks of my houseboat
with. I'm looking at roll on types such as sani-tred
(www.sanitred.com). I'm favouring looking at the roll on type because I
think it would be easier. The membrane types I have been looking at are
dekmaster and duradeck. If any one has any experience with either of
the roll on or sheet types and can recommend a brand, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

In "Buehler's Backyard Boatbuilding" he describes "Miami Teak." One puts
down three or four layers of tarpaper smeared with the asphalt-based roofing
tar and covers it with aluminum or white "Cool-Dry" trailer roof paint.

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"anxiousboater" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been trying to decide what to seal up the decks of my houseboat
with. I'm looking at roll on types such as sani-tred
(www.sanitred.com). I'm favouring looking at the roll on type because I
think it would be easier. The membrane types I have been looking at are
dekmaster and duradeck. If any one has any experience with either of
the roll on or sheet types and can recommend a brand, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted to rec.boats.building
anxiousboater

Appreciate the response but for some reason that just doesn't sound too
appealing as a solution.

Steve