posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
pdxsailordiver

Default Westerbeke 4-107 water heater

I have a 4-107 that has the coolant tank on top of the thermostat. I
want to heat water and also run a red dot type cabin heater. I can't
find information as how to tap into the engine coolant?
I tried putting tees into the hoses going to the heat exchanger but
that did not work.
Tim

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
bushman

OK this is something that seems to be done different ways by different
folks. My water heater plumbing was contributing to my 4-108 over heating.
My plumbing runs from the top of the exaust manifold-water heater-tee at
rear of trany/oil cooler. I put a valve inline and the engine runs cooler
with it closed.
If you go to the yachet broker sites and look at all the endeavour sail
boats you will see engine pics that look like the water heater tees into the
coolant temp sending unit on the head just behind the tank. ether way you go
put a valve inline to give you control.
Good luck. - Allen