Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default ??? about plug wires on Evinrude outboard

Hi,

I have a 1979 Evinrude 115 outboard. Recently it started
running very badly (often stalling out) at low rpms. So I
changed the plugs, and that didn't help at all. Someone
suggested I change the plug wires, but there turns out to
be more to it than that...each plug wire appears to be
permanently attached to what looks like a coil of some
kind. Two of them are joined together by 2 smaller wires
--one end of each is attached to a coil, and the other
end of both are attached to the same connecting plug.
There are four spark plugs, and two pairs of the coils.
Can anyone explain something about the setup, what
the parts I'm looking for are called, an economical place
to get them, etc?

Thank you for any help!
David

Old Evinrude Outboard Kurt General 1 July 10th 04 12:49 AM
??? about plug wires on Evinrude outboard [email protected] General 7 May 24th 04 04:07 AM
what year is my 25 hp evinrude outboard mike General 3 March 13th 04 02:56 PM
FS: 32ft Christ Craft Scorpion 313 / twin 225 Evinrude outboard Jamrocpal General 0 February 21st 04 06:17 PM
Evinrude outboard recoil RickM General 0 September 25th 03 09:24 PM