danny

Default Stung in the UK.

Been looking hard for best epoxy resin prices UK.
How come we in the UK. pay far more for our materials than the Americans, I
mean big differences.
And I have noticed the crude way suppliers try to pull the wool over our
eyes by all offering different versions like one VAT included, VAT.
excluded, free carriage this week on orders over,
"Our prices are the best you will find", or "ours is the best" well when you
see this forget it, their usually top price,
Then there is the various items one needs like reinforcing, if resin is a
little cheaper the reinforcing are usually top wack, I have come to the
conclusion that it is done to fog up the reality.
It is not practical usually to order from many suppliers because one loses
on the carriage rates.
Anyhow back to the fact we in the UK. pay more than twice as much for epoxy
plus VAT. but I know nothing of American tax system.

William R. Watt

I've heard that petroleum products, eg gasoline (benzene), cost more in
Europe and the UK, so perhaps petrochemicals cost more too? Here in Ottawa
we can avoid shipping charges by looking in the telephone directory under
"plastics" but the price for the small quantities I'd need are exhorbitant
compared to alternative materials and construction methods. Also, by using
more common materials I can shop around locally for the lowest prices at
various sources rather than buying everything from the same supplier out
of town.

"danny" ) writes:
[...]

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Backyard Renegade

"danny" wrote in message ...
[...]

This has been addressed several times but I think it comes to supply
and demand. How much do you think a supplier on a relatively small
Island buys at a time compared to a distributor in say NYC or Florida?
Our suppliers have a much larger customer base, in a country that
still encourages home builders
Here in the US sales taxs runs different from State to State but
figure 6% for average. Shipping on 5 gallons might be $30... divided
by 5 is $6 per gallon. With tax and shipping you can get 5 gallons for
about 50 bucks a gallon on the internet all day long shipped land,
7-10 days.
Scotty
Meindert Sprang

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
m...
This has been addressed several times but I think it comes to supply
and demand. How much do you think a supplier on a relatively small
Island buys at a time compared to a distributor in say NYC or Florida?

But even if this were the cause, would that justify a price of $130 for a
West B Pack (6kg) or $523 for a West C Pack (here in the Netherlands) ?

Meindert

danny

"danny" wrote in message

[...]

/////////////////////
You just proved my point Scotty, I have yet to see a price lower than $50 a
gallon plus 17% vat.
Plus carriage which is a minimum $10 per gallon.
Cheers.

Backyard Renegade

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message ...
"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
m...
This has been addressed several times but I think it comes to supply
and demand. How much do you think a supplier on a relatively small
Island buys at a time compared to a distributor in say NYC or Florida?

But even if this were the cause, would that justify a price of $130 for a
West B Pack (6kg) or $523 for a West C Pack (here in the Netherlands) ?

Meindert

Very well could be... Say a company in the Netherlands wants to buy a
months supply of goo from the distributor. He buys what, 50 gallons,
500 gallons? The American distributor might buy 5000 gallons for the
same period of time. Our distributors get it a lot cheaper. Another
note... Years ago all we could get was West, and it was close to $90 a
gallon if you drove to pick it up. Now that the internet distribution
has gotten popular, prices are much more reasonable. West has been
price gouging for a long time in my opinion, and I hate their goo
anyway, who needs all that blush?
Scotty