posted to rec.boats.building
Skeeve

Default 1984 Bayliner Capri and Insurance

Sorry if this is off topic. I couldn't find a better boat-related
group for this question:

I've got this 1984 Bayliner 1650 Capri in pretty good shape. I'd like
to hit the lakes with it this summer. Obviously, I'd like to be
insured So I called my home owners insurance (AAA) and they told me
that the boat is too old and they won't insure it. Great! Then I
called my car insurance (Liberty Mutual) and they told me to call my
home owners :-(

Any idea as to who might insure the boat? It's obviously not if high
value but I'd like liability insurance in case of crashes or stuff
like that.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
Torsten
posted to rec.boats.building
Tailgunner

Skeeve wrote:
Sorry if this is off topic. I couldn't find a better boat-related
group for this question:

I've got this 1984 Bayliner 1650 Capri in pretty good shape. I'd like
to hit the lakes with it this summer. Obviously, I'd like to be
insured So I called my home owners insurance (AAA) and they told me
that the boat is too old and they won't insure it. Great! Then I
called my car insurance (Liberty Mutual) and they told me to call my
home owners :-(

Any idea as to who might insure the boat? It's obviously not if high
value but I'd like liability insurance in case of crashes or stuff
like that.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
Torsten

Try Progressive. If that fails BoatUS. I have a '73 boat and have had a
lot of trouble and settled with BoatUS. Progressive does not do my
state. Not real happy with BoatUS but at least I have insurance............
posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe

United Marine Underwriters

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe

I'ld get a price from Progessive and Boats US too, but they were high on
every quote I got from them so far. Especially Progressive.

Untied Marine Underwriters seemed to be the way to go for me.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

posted to rec.boats.building
Skeeve

On Fri, 12 May 2006 10:02:03 -0400, Tailgunner
wrote:
Try Progressive. If that fails BoatUS. I have a '73 boat and have had a
lot of trouble and settled with BoatUS. Progressive does not do my
state. Not real happy with BoatUS but at least I have insurance............

I got a quote from BoatUS. They want $138 per year for $100.000/person
/ 300.000 / incident. It's actually $119 + BoatUS membership.

I'll try United Marine Underwriters next.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

posted to rec.boats.building
Skeeve

wrote:
Try Progressive. If that fails BoatUS. I have a '73 boat and have had a
lot of trouble and settled with BoatUS. Progressive does not do my
state. Not real happy with BoatUS but at least I have insurance............

I got a quote from BoatUS. They want $138 per year for $100.000/person
/ 300.000 / incident. It's actually $119 + BoatUS membership.

I'll try United Marine Underwriters next.

Wow!! They want $404 for the same coverage! I have an international
"boating license" that I earned in Germany. I took classes and had to
pass a theoretical and practical exam. BoatUS is recognizing this
license whereas UnitedMarine is not. But I don't think that explains
the difference.

wrote:
Try Progressive. If that fails BoatUS. I have a '73 boat and have had a
lot of trouble and settled with BoatUS. Progressive does not do my
state. Not real happy with BoatUS but at least I have

insurance............

I got a quote from BoatUS. They want $138 per year for $100.000/person
/ 300.000 / incident. It's actually $119 + BoatUS membership.

I'll try United Marine Underwriters next.

Wow!! They want $404 for the same coverage! I have an international
"boating license" that I earned in Germany. I took classes and had to
pass a theoretical and practical exam. BoatUS is recognizing this
license whereas UnitedMarine is not. But I don't think that explains
the difference.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Boat US wanted a lot more the UMU when I got my quote last.