posted to rec.boats.building
(PeteCresswell)

Default 1" Fiberglass Tape: Sources?

Anybody got an online supplier that they like?

I'm looking around, but not seeing much. One outfit only sells it in 5'
lengths.

I need 40 linear feet of the stuff - so a 50-foot roll would probably be ideal.

Also, I'm guessing that "there's fiberglass...and then there's *fiberglass*..."
i.e. different qualities, different weights, uni-directional vs otherwise and
so-on and so-forth.

I'm looking to replace an existing 1" strip that covers the deck-to-hull
connection on a surf ski.
--
PeteCresswell
posted to rec.boats.building
Lew Hodgett

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Anybody got an online supplier that they like?

snip

You want what is known around here as "boat tape", about 6 Oz cloth,
sold in 50 ft rools.

I get mine from AP Products here in SoCal.

Should be less than $20 unless the industry is on the gasoline price
increase bandwagon.

Lew
posted to rec.boats.building
Richard Lamb

Lew Hodgett wrote:

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Anybody got an online supplier that they like?

snip

You want what is known around here as "boat tape", about 6 Oz cloth,
sold in 50 ft rools.

I get mine from AP Products here in SoCal.

Should be less than $20 unless the industry is on the gasoline price
increase bandwagon.

Lew

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cm/index.html
posted to rec.boats.building
dadiOH

http://www.uscomposites.com/cloth.html

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

posted to rec.boats.building
Ron Magen

www.RAKA.com
www.JamestownDistributors.com
www.HamiltonMarine.com
www.defender.com

Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Anybody got an online supplier that they like?

I'm looking around, but not seeing much. One outfit only sells it in 5'
lengths.

I need 40 linear feet of the stuff - so a 50-foot roll would probably be

ideal.

Also, I'm guessing that "there's fiberglass...and then there's

*fiberglass*..."
i.e. different qualities, different weights, uni-directional vs otherwise

and
so-on and so-forth.

I'm looking to replace an existing 1" strip that covers the deck-to-hull
connection on a surf ski.
--
PeteCresswell

posted to rec.boats.building
(PeteCresswell)

Per (PeteCresswell):
Anybody got an online supplier that they like?

Thanks for the input.

Ordered some today from AircraftSpruce.com.

Stuff was surprisingly cheap: about 12 bucks for 50 yards.
--
PeteCresswell