Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lark Messard

Default My first hydroplane

My apologies if this was asked already so feel free to reply with a link to
a previous post.

I'm investigating the build of a hydroplane for recreational purposes only
(no racing ...yet, who knows). I've built hovercrafts
(http://home.comcast.net/~marklessard/hovercrafts.htm) so fiberglassing wood
working etc are not totally new to me but there are obvious differences. I'm
currently thinking about clarkcraft's 11 foot inboard.
(http://www.clarkcraft.com/cgi-local/...1b9e2ef2ceaba0
c5041b12e&type=item&categ=013&item=933709462)

I'm assuming the 48ci could just be a 750cc cycle engine. I'd also like to
keep the first one small to test the waters (no pun intended, ...ok a
little). So without babbling on further is there any suggestions or
resources etc I should consult before investing money ($45 for the plans is
no big deal but I thought I'd stat here first) Thanks in advance for you
time reading this and even more so for any responses.

Thank You,
Mark