Roomates Computer

Default Flooring Project for my boat

Can anyone show me how to build the floor for my aluminum boat? Any web site
that teaches you how to do it?

I have a basic 15' boat with benches, is it dangerous to get rid of the
benches? or should I just build the floor leaving the benches there?

Is it better to sell the boat and buy another one that comes with floor?

Any help or recommendation would be appreciated.

Rick Tyler

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:25:48 GMT, "Roomates Computer"
wrote:

Can anyone show me how to build the floor for my aluminum boat? Any web site
that teaches you how to do it?

I have a basic 15' boat with benches, is it dangerous to get rid of the
benches? or should I just build the floor leaving the benches there?

Is it better to sell the boat and buy another one that comes with floor?

Any help or recommendation would be appreciated.

If your "benches" run from side-to-side there is a really good chance
they also serve to hold the sides of the boat in place. I don't know
what would happen if you remove them, but it probably wouldn't be
pretty.

If your boat was wood, I would suggest cutting strips of whatever
strikes your fancy (Douglas fir might be good) about 3/4" thick and
two inches wide and epoxying (or some other glue) them in place about
a half-inch apart. I can't think of a good way to do this in an
aluminum boat. Maybe you could build a free-floating wooden deck that
just sits on the bottom and is held in place by gravity?

Another idea -- and I am just making things up now -- have you thought
about the Rhino-liner kind of stuff they use in pickups? I know that
some have to be factory applied, but a friend bought a do-it-yourself
kit for his old Chevy pickup. It came out fine. I have NO idea how
this would work in an aluminum skiff.

Good luck,

Rick Tyler

--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM