BoatBanter.com

-   -   VETUS EXHAUST HOSE (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/68219-vetus-exhaust-hose.html)

afpy April 1st 06 04:22 PM

VETUS EXHAUST HOSE

Is it worth the money? I need 3" hose for my brand new Yanmar 4JH4SBE ,
55 HP.
Other options are Shields,Trident,Titan etc.
Have you instaled vetus exhaust hose on your boat?
Thanks,afpy

Rusty April 2nd 06 07:59 AM

VETUS EXHAUST HOSE

It depends on your needs. I installed 3" Shields on my Yanmar 4JH2 from the
water lift muffler to the transom. That worked just fine. However, I
couldn't get it to curve enough to go from the injection elbow to the
muffler mounted under the engine.

I purchased a short piece of the 75mm Vetus and was able to curve and
install it with no problems. It's worth the money if you have any problem
areas to run it through.

Rusty

ups.com...