posted to rec.boats.building
YSTay

Default Brush painting technique

Hi all, in the middle of my home renovations. I thought I had this painting
deal all worked out but I learned something new the other day. The workman
was painting my door frames using a tiny roller and un-thinned matt black
paint. He used the roller really dry and massaged the paint into the wood
slow like. The result was that you can see the grain and pores of the wood
just like it had been stained. It looks really good! Much better than
getting a good flow out of the paint. The down side is that it took him a
day to put the first coat on 3 frames!

Cheers,
Arnold