Steve

Default Where to Sell Boat Plan Package on eBay?

I have a complete set of drawings and construction details for the ENDURANCE
35 (both strip plank and ferro cement) that I want to sell on eBay but I
can't find a catagory where interested builders might find the ad.

Most every catgory is for model sail boats or magazine plans.

Does anyone have any recommendations..

No, this isn't a shameless advertisement but your welcome to read it as
such. )

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Matt Langenfeld

eBay Motors : Parts & Accessories : Boats & Watercraft : Other

eBay Motors : Parts & Accessories : Manuals & Literature : Boats &
Watercraft

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Steve

Thanks. Those are the two that I noted during my search. They both seem in
appropriate but the only place I found with small boat plans.

I think I'm just frustrated that they stuck Boats in the eBay motors main
catagory.. I objected strongly when this happened a couple years ago.. Kinda
makes me feel like they are sticking all the boats and gear on the back
corner of a used car lot. Ya know what I mean??

It seems that there would be enough boats and equipment for sale that they
would be entitled to their own main catogory, just like cars and real
estate..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Brian D

I think category placement only impacts those who actually drill down and
browse by clicking ...an extremely inefficient way of looking through eBay
stuff. Most people, including myself, just do a search on keywords ...and
*still* have too much to look through. I'm thinking that the boat plans
will get found just fine regardless of where they are put. I'm betting
99.9% of the eBay crowd are doing searches just like me.

Brian

"Steve" wrote in message
Thanks. Those are the two that I noted during my search. They both seem in
appropriate but the only place I found with small boat plans.

I think I'm just frustrated that they stuck Boats in the eBay motors main
catagory.. I objected strongly when this happened a couple years ago..

Kinda
makes me feel like they are sticking all the boats and gear on the back
corner of a used car lot. Ya know what I mean??

It seems that there would be enough boats and equipment for sale that they
would be entitled to their own main catogory, just like cars and real
estate..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

I also do most of my shopping on ebay using the search engine and have good
results. I will admit I'm often surprised at finding a nice piece of boat
gear of nautical cruising guide in some totally unrelated catagory..

However, it is also helpful to have the item in and appropriate catagory to
'catch the eye' of someone just browsing around. I suspect that the majority
of impulse purchases are from browsing rather than searching.. I'm talking
about the guy who never knew he was looking for a set of sail boat plans..
;o)

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

kw

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:53:24 GMT, "Brian D"
wrote:

I think category placement only impacts those who actually drill down and
browse by clicking ...an extremely inefficient way of looking through eBay
stuff. Most people, including myself, just do a search on keywords ...and
*still* have too much to look through. I'm thinking that the boat plans
will get found just fine regardless of where they are put. I'm betting
99.9% of the eBay crowd are doing searches just like me.

Brian

I currently have several "boat plans" on ebay in several categories.
watching the hit counters would indicate that categories do make a
difference. The hit count for similar plans varies dramatically by
category.

kw

Backyard Renegade

wrote:

I think category placement only impacts those who actually drill down and
browse by clicking ...an extremely inefficient way of looking through eBay
stuff. Most people, including myself, just do a search on keywords ...and
*still* have too much to look through. I'm thinking that the boat plans
will get found just fine regardless of where they are put. I'm betting
99.9% of the eBay crowd are doing searches just like me.

Brian

Yeah, but several days later, still no bid over 10 bucks for the plans
in question. I have seen the study plan and the plan is worth more
than that to me, and I will never even build it. I can't see no one
else being interested in it, so that tells me that they must not be
finding it.

Scotty

Hey Steve, if you don't get what you want for them, or just wanna pull
em' down, send me a note. I'll put em' up on my site, you'll sell em'
that's a sweet boat.

I currently have several "boat plans" on ebay in several categories.
watching the hit counters would indicate that categories do make a
difference. The hit count for similar plans varies dramatically by
category.

kw

Max Camirand

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:42:06 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

No, this isn't a shameless advertisement but your welcome to read it as
such. )

Steve

So you're saying that it's a shameful advertisement?

:-)

-m

----
Boatbuilder-friendly small sawmill in Ottawa/Gatineau region.
Old Nick

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:42:06 -0800, "Steve" vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Beware the legalities of onselling used plans.

I have a complete set of drawings and construction details for the ENDURANCE
35 (both strip plank and ferro cement) that I want to sell on eBay but I
can't find a catagory where interested builders might find the ad.

Most every catgory is for model sail boats or magazine plans.

Does anyone have any recommendations..

No, this isn't a shameless advertisement but your welcome to read it as
such. )

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

************************************************** ** sorry

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?
Max Camirand

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:21:31 GMT, Old Nick
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:42:06 -0800, "Steve" vaguely
proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Beware the legalities of onselling used plans.

Yeah, as far as I know, plans can only legally be used to produce one
boat. Additional royalties must be paid for additional boats.

I'm sure Steve knows that, though.

-m

----
Boatbuilder-friendly small sawmill in Ottawa/Gatineau region.