BoatBanter.com

-   -   Canoe kit question (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6783-canoe-kit-question.html)

Dr. P March 26th 04 04:05 AM

Canoe kit question

Hello, all -

I'm hoping y'all can help me out. I have acquired a 14' canoe built
from (if I remember correctly) a Trailmaster kit. The builder is
probably in his late thirties/early forties, but he said the kit had
sat in his father's attic for years. It's wood/canvas, looks like
cedar, and he had added ten more ribs to the original three. I haven't
had any luck finding info regarding the manufacturer on the web, and
cross my fingers that someone in here might have something to offer in
that respect.

The builder did say he has the original paperwork, but he hasn't been
able to locate it yet. I trust him to find it if it still exists; he's
completely straight up. But on the off-chance he never finds it, I'm
starting to look into it cold.

I'd appreciate any help you might offer.

TIA,
Patricia

Roger Martin March 26th 04 09:24 PM

Canoe kit question

Try the other canoe/kayak newsgroups
rec.boat.paddle
rec.boat.paddle.touring

There are some others as well but not on the server I use.

--
www.bribieisland4x4hire.com
VW Kombi Camper Buy Backs

William R. Watt March 26th 04 10:48 PM

Canoe kit question

"Roger Martin" ) writes:
Try the other canoe/kayak newsgroups
rec.boat.paddle
rec.boat.paddle.touring

that's "boats" in the middle of the above, just like in rec.boats.building :)

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Wolverine March 29th 04 05:22 PM

Canoe kit question

On 25 Mar 2004 20:05:11 -0800, (Dr. P) wrote:

[...]

Trailmasters was a early 60,s to mid 70,s kit. If I remeber correct
they were based in everett Wa.
Somewhere Ive seen a archive on them in the form of a advertizement.
If he added more ribs to a SOF canoe most likely the original ones are
broke and he was to lazy to remove them.

Kruez March 30th 04 04:43 PM

Canoe kit question

Try the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association. They have some very
knowledgable people hnaging around over there. They also have a
discussion Forum to post your question.

http://www.wcha.org/