posted to rec.boats.building

Default some blister on my hans Christian

i need some input regard to some blister i have find after the haul
out on my 38 Hans C.

i have a concept what nee be done but it woullb be great to receive
some pointers..

thx
the Seawitch

posted to rec.boats.building
norman

wrote in message
oups.com...
i need some input regard to some blister i have find after the haul
out on my 38 Hans C.

I got a couple blisters after working in the front yard. Could they be
symptoms of a common, yet a bigger problem?

posted to rec.boats.building

"Could they be symptoms of a common, yet a bigger problem?"
Small blisters the size of your thumb may not be a problem. Blisters the
size of your hand should be investigated for further delimitation and water
retention within the hull especially below the water line.

I think, first, you should talk to some of the people at Hans Christian
where the boat was build.
I do not know the year your boat was build. At one time, Beneteau, had a
problem with blisters.
They traced the problem to the catalytic agent used with the resin. They
were the first and maybe the only builder to recall their boats and pay for
the repairs. Then the chemical company that produced the catalytic agent
corrected the problem. I had a few one inch diameter blisters on my boat 20
years ago. I repaired them and the problem never re-occurred again and the
boat is still in pristine condition.

"norman" wrote in message news:FSmQf.52$Km6.17@trnddc01...

oups.com...