dave

Default need for aerator in a plexiglass

Hi all !

I have in my barge a bended roof top in plexiglass (approx 3 meter by 5,
4mm) with sometimes condensation dripping from it. I have been looking
for a while for a ventilor (aerator) to let the hot air escape (looked
at Lewmar, Goiot, many shipshandlers...) and could not find what I am
looking for :

a small aerator (in inox, aluminium or plastic), with an internal
diameter of 4 or 5 cm and external of 5 or 6. Preferably, I would like
sometime that holds itself with the aeration hole, without need for
other holes for screws.

I could only find aerators in alu / inox 10 cm or bigger with 3 screws.

I tough that what I was looking for could be found on any sailing boat
but....

Any hint, provider, .. much aprreciated !!
RichG

Around here, we'd go to a Home Depot ( home store) and look in the
"guttering" and "siding "section. One can purchase a "soffit vent" in
plastic. It is made to be popped into a pre-drilled hole in "soffits" (
overhangs on the house) to help ventilate the attic.

regards, RichG

--
RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Stephen Baker

Dave says:

I have been looking
for a while for a ventilor (aerator) to let the hot air escape (looked
at Lewmar, Goiot, many shipshandlers...) and could not find what I am
looking for :

Try the vents he

http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/Soft...store/h-nicro_
solar_vents.htm?E+scstore

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
dave

RichG wrote:
Around here, we'd go to a Home Depot ( home store) and look in the
"guttering" and "siding "section. One can purchase a "soffit vent" in
plastic. It is made to be popped into a pre-drilled hole in "soffits" (
overhangs on the house) to help ventilate the attic.

regards, RichG

I don't know much about soffits, but won't the water come into the roof
if I use such a vent ? What I am looking for goes on top, so it needs to
have a cover (like a cowl but smaller and round).

Thanks anyway for your advice !
Jim Conlin

There was once a product called a 'Sudbury vent" which was a water-trapping
ventilator made of a tough clear plastic, hemispherical in shape and maybe
12" diameter. Has anybody seen them in the market?

dave wrote:

Hi all !

I have in my barge a bended roof top in plexiglass (approx 3 meter by 5,
4mm) with sometimes condensation dripping from it. I have been looking
for a while for a ventilor (aerator) to let the hot air escape (looked
at Lewmar, Goiot, many shipshandlers...) and could not find what I am
looking for :

a small aerator (in inox, aluminium or plastic), with an internal
diameter of 4 or 5 cm and external of 5 or 6. Preferably, I would like
sometime that holds itself with the aeration hole, without need for
other holes for screws.

I could only find aerators in alu / inox 10 cm or bigger with 3 screws.

I tough that what I was looking for could be found on any sailing boat
but....

Any hint, provider, .. much aprreciated !!

RichG

Sorry, that is the problem with the "English " language....it means many
different things to different people.

Now I know what you want. I've seem them made up out of plywood-- Pretty
simple device. I could also envision one constructed from a sink's "P "
trap turned upside down.

I'd still put a screen or whatever to keep the bugs out.