BoatBanter.com

-   -   small scraping plane (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6691-small-scraping-plane.html)

Brian Blazer March 4th 04 02:19 AM

small scraping plane

Time for another freebie at www.spaltedboard.com !!

This month we will be giving away a Lie-Nielsen Small Scraping Plane.
And if that isn't enough, in addition to the standard blade, we will
also include a #212 25 tpi toothed blade!

This handy little scraping plane will soon become a favorite alternative
to sanding. Instead of abrading the wood fibers, you will be shearing
them - creating a exceptionally smooth and shimmering surface. It really
does a great job at removing old varnish. With the toothed blade, you
can rough up areas to be glued like the substrate of a veneering job, or
it can be used to tame wild grain to make it easier to plane.

As always, all you have to do to be eligible to win is participate in
the forums at www.spaltedboard.com or write an article (we are in need
of new reviews). Remember, just being a member doesn't cut it. One lucky
poster will be selected at random from posts dated between 3/1/04 and
3/31/04.

Have fun,
Brian