BoatBanter.com

-   -   Folding Kayak Skin (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6646-folding-kayak-skin.html)

Matt Langenfeld February 19th 04 02:13 AM

Folding Kayak Skin

Who has suggestions/sources for folding kayak skins?

Brian Nystrom February 19th 04 01:38 PM

Folding Kayak Skin

Matt Langenfeld wrote:

Who has suggestions/sources for folding kayak skins?

If it's a commercially made boat, contact the manufacturer. I don't
believe there is anyone making aftermarket skins for commercial folders.

If it's a boat you're building, post your question on the Kayak Building
Bulletin Board at www.kayakforum.com and on the Greenland Forum at
www.qajaqusa.org. Tom Yost, a well known folding boat builder, hangs out
on these forums and can direct you to material suppliers and
directions for fabricating your own skins.

Old Nick February 20th 04 12:12 AM

Folding Kayak Skin

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:13:27 GMT, Matt Langenfeld
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Confuse-us say:

All kayaks skins fold if given sufficient encouragement.

Who has suggestions/sources for folding kayak skins?

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?