Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building
Glenn Ashmore

Default Bilge pump throughhull location.

Looking for thoughts on the following problem.

I have got two bilge pumps for the main bilge on Rutu. A little 5 gpm
Jabsco diaphragm pump on a strum box to take care of minor accumulations and
a Rule 3700 for the Oh, %&$@* ! situations. My problem is how to run the
hose for the 3700. The basic rule is that the through hull should always be
above the water line but that would mean out the transom. The dynamic head
for 25' of hose back to the transom is a lot more than a short run through a
vented loop to a through hull at the waterline on the side even including
the loss from a check valve.

The side outlet would have less head and much less back flow but the through
hull would be under water when the boat is heeled. Any suggestions?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Adding an electrical bilge pump [email protected] Boat Building 18 February 4th 06 08:03 PM
Adding an electrical bilge pump [email protected] Cruising 15 February 4th 06 08:03 PM
SCR controlled bilge pump Offbreed Electronics 16 January 11th 06 12:53 AM
Which Bilge Pump? Chris Boat Building 18 December 18th 05 12:03 AM
Which Bilge Pump? Chris Cruising 18 December 18th 05 12:03 AM