Kevin Fitz-Gerald

Default FS Kempock Sea Kayak "Kit"

I have most of the parts to make a Kempock sea kayak. The Kempock is a
Greenland style boat designed by Scotsman Duncan Winning. It is single
seat, 16' loa, 24" beam, traditional skin-on-frame. All-up weight is about
50 lbs. Plywood is 5mm marine grade Okume, stringers and keel are Sitka
spruce. Screws are silicon bronze. Most of the parts are already cut for
you. Deck cloth is blue coated nylon cordura. I will lend you the building
form and clamps. If you want to build more than one (production), you may
buy the form, patterns (plastic and steel), etc. You would have to work out
licensing with Mr. Winning, but I know that he is very reasonable regarding
royalties.

I built a Kempock about 13 years ago, and it is a beautiful little boat.
About all you would need is epoxy, paint, aluminum for the rudder, a seat,
steering tackle and rub rails. I have a pdf drawing of the Kempock if you
would like to see what it looks like. You may download it from
www.krfitz.com/kempock.pdf.

I have about $300.00 into materials, but I will consider any reasonable
offer. You must pick everything up, I will not ship.

Regards,

Kevin Fitz-Gerald
Defiance, OH
USA