posted to rec.boats.building
Steve Lortie

Default fuel flow meters

The only meters I can find are by FloScan, Lowrance and Navman. Does anyone
know of any others?

Some info I have come across talk about back pressure in the fuel line
causing fuel starvation. How can one determine whether the sensor in the
fuel line will cause problems? I have ~1969 318's with the original
mechanical fuel pumps.

Any general feedback on having these devices?. Seems like a good thikng to
me. FloScan is by far the most expensive. Reasons?

posted to rec.boats.building
Tailgunner

Steve Lortie wrote:
The only meters I can find are by FloScan, Lowrance and Navman. Does anyone
know of any others?

Some info I have come across talk about back pressure in the fuel line
causing fuel starvation. How can one determine whether the sensor in the
fuel line will cause problems? I have ~1969 318's with the original
mechanical fuel pumps.

Any general feedback on having these devices?. Seems like a good thikng to
me. FloScan is by far the most expensive. Reasons?

I have the Navman. Fairly happy with it. My only complaint is that it
seems to need constant calibrating. Real good at showing fuel
consumption (6 gph etc). I'm running a 125 Merc outbaord.