Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob

Default chopper gun and epoxy more info

Check out this website for an idea what I am thinking about.

http://www.geocities.com/duke_of_ur1/Lenox/

I just thought a copper gun might work. The resin rich layup might be
a good thing in this case. I had a good friend, dead now, in the
fiberglass bussiness who used a copper gun with poly and got a fair
finish by having two people with rollers work the freshly sprayed
area. He would also roll in a layer of cloth on top some times.
Thought it might work for epoxy.

This method is catching on, or at least the Seabrook Shipyard in Clear
Lake is doing it now. They use CSM. Looks good to me but I want to
DIY. Would have to test it first somehow before spending all that
money and time.

Comments Welcome.

Bob