Grainger Morris

Default Pete Culler plans

I'm in Australia, calling in to the office is not an option. I've done a
search of their site and haven't turned up 'Culler' in their list of
designers of plans they have. I have emailed them but haven't had a reply
yet.
Years ago I got a list of his plans from George B Kelly, but I have lost
one page of it, the page I need, and I read somewhere he no longer sells the
plans.
What I really want is the offsets for his 19-1/2 foot shallop shown on
page 88 of 'Skiffs and Schooners'. Do the offsets exist? Other plans of his
that I have are shown in the book complete, which makes me think they might
not.
Grainger

Matt Colie

Grainger,
I have to agree that your case makes it difficult.
Did you try contacting Wooden boat Magazine www.woodenboat.com?
They are nice people, and interested in perpetuating the hobby. They
know a lot about what is where and even have some of it.
Good luck in your endeavor.
Matt Colie

Grainger Morris wrote:
I'm in Australia, calling in to the office is not an option. I've done a
search of their site and haven't turned up 'Culler' in their list of
designers of plans they have. I have emailed them but haven't had a reply
yet.
Years ago I got a list of his plans from George B Kelly, but I have lost
one page of it, the page I need, and I read somewhere he no longer sells the
plans.
What I really want is the offsets for his 19-1/2 foot shallop shown on
page 88 of 'Skiffs and Schooners'. Do the offsets exist? Other plans of his
that I have are shown in the book complete, which makes me think they might
not.
Grainger

Foo Bar

George Kelley died a few years ago. His wife told me she was in the process
of giving Petes plans to Mystic Seaport. They should all be there by now.

If you have the book you could just enlarge the drawing a bit and scale the
offsets yourself. You are going to have to fair them on the loft floor
anyway. Pete was not the most accurate draftsman that ever drew boats, you
can probably scale them as accurately as any he did.

ron ginger