Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Brad

Default Through-hulls and Seacocks

I have been changing the sanitation hoses on my boat, and I found that the
discharge seacock didn't have a ball in it(or any other means to stop the
flow of water). I did a bit of research and found out that my so called
seacock is in fact just a ball valve mounted on a threaded through-hull with
a locknut. I assume that a true seacock would have a flange at the end that
would be used to bolt the valve through the hull once it has been treaded to
the through-hull fitting. What is acceptable standards for installation of
through hulls, is mounting a inline ball valve on a threaded through-hull
acceptable ( are the threads the same - tapered).

Brad