posted to rec.boats.building
Jonathan W.

Default Lapstrake canoe lost on I-85 in Georgia

I am reposting this from the WoodenBoat forum, on the off chance someone
who knows something might see it.....What a bummer...

Last night (November 26) My recently completed 13.5 foot Lapstrake canoe
came off our trailer on I-85 southbound in the area between the GA/SC
border and milepost 155.

The canoe is a 13.5 foot McGregor with a white hull and bright interior.
The breast hooks have a dark rosewood strip on the centerline.

A passing motorist flagged us down around 20 miles from where the canoe
landed. The canoe survived intact. We could not locate the canoe in the
dark and by daylight it was gone.

Any assistance in locating my boat would be greatly appreciated. Those
of you who have taken the plunge know how personal a boat is when you
have built it

Heart Broken in Atlanta
Mick Herron

--
I am building my daughter an Argie 10 sailing dinghy, check it out:
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsailr