posted to rec.boats.building

Default OLD SUNFISH PARTS

I have the mast and boom from a wooden sunfish that is about fifty
years old. They have always been kept out of the weather and are in
excellent condition. I no longer have the boat. Do these parts have
any value in today's boating community? I would like some imput from
sailors. If they don't have a boat part value, I can always use the
wood in my wood lathe.....Thanks

posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

By the mid-1960s, Sunfish were using aluminum spars. I doubt that a "class
race" would allow the wooden ones???

A new set of aluminum spars from Annapolis Performance Sailing will cost
just over $400. http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e1416.asp

Doesn't the "$100 sailboat" call for a Sunfish rig?

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

oups.com...