ddi

Default What's a good computer drafting program?

I use Aerohydro MultiSurf. It has a wonderful curve set.

You can download a 30 trial @ www.aerohydro.com

The downfall is you need another CAD program to print.

"Freddie Richard" wrote in message ...
What would be a good computer drafting program for ship design etc?

--
Thank You,
Freddie L. Richard

Brian D

How about AutoCAD + Rhino 3D + ProSurf? That's what I've got ...

Brian

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"ddi" wrote in message ...
I use Aerohydro MultiSurf. It has a wonderful curve set.

You can download a 30 trial @ www.aerohydro.com

The downfall is you need another CAD program to print.

"Freddie Richard" wrote in message ...
What would be a good computer drafting program for ship design etc?

--
Thank You,
Freddie L. Richard

Rick

Freddie Richard wrote:

What would be a good computer drafting program for ship design etc?

This is a small, easy to use program for plywood or metal hard chine drawing
of boats. It is a DOS program, but I know it will run on Win9x, not sure
about XP. The demo version lets you change the dementions of designs that
are included with program so you can get a feel of how easy it is to use.
http://www.plyboats.com/index.html
Only useful for less than 100' in length.
__________m___~¿õ____m_________________________
Rick
Stephen Baker

Brian D says:

How about AutoCAD + Rhino 3D + ProSurf? That's what I've got ...

AutoCAD, Rhino and AutoShip does me quite nicely, thanks. Good combos, the
pair of them

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Brian D

Steve,

Nearly forgot ...One question nobody has really asked yet is "How good is
the shell plate expansion"? I'm wondering how the various programs perform,
e.g. ease of use and accuracy of expanded plate. Are you doing any
developable surfaces? Can you do plate expansion accurate enough for a butt
weld in aluminum (1/16") for example? Since I've worked mostly in wood,
this hasn't been as important to me, but after finishing the build (Tolman
design) that I'm working on, I'm probably going to switch to aluminum.

Also, what'd you use for rendering? Myrddin and Taliesin in particular
....Flamingo?

Thx,
Brian

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Brian D says:

How about AutoCAD + Rhino 3D + ProSurf? That's what I've got ...

AutoCAD, Rhino and AutoShip does me quite nicely, thanks. Good combos,

the
pair of them

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm

Stephen Baker

Brian says:

Nearly forgot ...One question nobody has really asked yet is "How good is
the shell plate expansion"? I'm wondering how the various programs perform,
e.g. ease of use and accuracy of expanded plate. Are you doing any
developable surfaces?

Not yet... I'll let you know how it turns out - we may be doing some
shortly. I think I'll try using it for a model first, just to see how it goes,
with a gratuitous butt joint thrown in at a stupid angle to test that.

Also, what'd you use for rendering? Myrddin and Taliesin in particular
...Flamingo?

Yup - all I have right now.

Steve
Brian D

In the past, that's what I've done ...build a model (to validate panel
dimensions). Haven't done it a lot, nor have I had time to really become
expert. One step at a time...

Brian

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Brian says:

Nearly forgot ...One question nobody has really asked yet is "How good

is
the shell plate expansion"? I'm wondering how the various programs

perform,
e.g. ease of use and accuracy of expanded plate. Are you doing any
developable surfaces?

Not yet... I'll let you know how it turns out - we may be doing some
shortly. I think I'll try using it for a model first, just to see how it

goes,
with a gratuitous butt joint thrown in at a stupid angle to test that.

Also, what'd you use for rendering? Myrddin and Taliesin in particular
...Flamingo?

Yup - all I have right now.

Steve

Old Nick

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:45:28 +1300, John wrote
something
.......and in reply I say!:

usd it?

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 07:38:06 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

TurboCad ment to be a great program for its price...