BoatBanter.com

-   -   Glue & Stitch plans (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/62775-glue-stitch-plans.html)

William R. Watt November 15th 05 05:13 PM

Glue & Stitch plans

I guess you've called some of the boat yards down there to ask where they
get it, and if they'd be willing to resell some to an amateur. Here in
Ottawa you could ask around the yacht clubs to see who's working on a big
project and maybe buy some from them.

On the subject of curing temperature, I draped polytarp over my first boat
and put an electric heater and thermometer underneath. I was using urea
formaldehyde (plastic resin) adhesive and needed 70 deg F. I couldn't get
the temp below 90 so went with that. It was an unheated workspace. The
tarp was pinned down all around the boat with lumber to keep the heat in.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm