Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gabe Silverman

Default Petit Ezpoxy not applying smoothly

I'm repainting a Hobie 16 sailboat - filled nicks with epoxy, sanded
the entire boat smooth. West Marine reccomended directly apply Ezpoxy
to the hulls via the roll-on and tip method.

The problem we're having is that no matter how clean the environment,
(garage and surface), the paint is drying with a slight grain to it.
I'm pretty sure the "grain" is tiny bits of dried paint.

Anyway, we run space heaters in the garage and strain the paint prior
to applying it.

Ezpoxy says we don't need to thin it unless it's drying faster than we
can tip it out.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having this same problem?

Thanks!

Gabe Silverman