Courtney Thomas

Default does anyone make 45deg elbows for 1/2"metal elec. conduit ?

How can I get in touch with said supplier ?
Thank you,
Courtney
Lew Hodgett

Courtney Thomas wrote:
How can I get in touch with said supplier ?
Thank you,

Get up from behind the computer and go see any electrical distributor.

Take cash.

Lew
Roger Derby

For thin wall, bend. For rigid, use pipe fittings.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

Courtney Thomas

Roger Derby wrote:
For thin wall, bend. For rigid, use pipe fittings.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

Thank you Roger.

I need to avoid bending because I have 7, eight foot long, arches that
need to be made parallel, in place and then, interconnected, which for
my bending skill is a dubious order, but said elbows would eliminate the
bending requirement, but I've had no luck with local suppliers.

Courtney
Roger Derby

There are internal plugs that are used for patio furniture and awnings, if
you can find some. Maybe you could have some made up by a local fabricating
shop. (Weld up the gadgets on a jig, then galvanize.) The plugs I've seen
have been plastic or zinc castings that were a press fit, but nothing says
the inside, slip-fit, tube has to be short or tight. Lots of adhesives out
there for the final assembly.

For bending, you'd need a pattern. Overbend slightly, then straighten to
the desired angle while the metal still remembers being straight.

Roger (I figured you were using the inside of the tubing for something.)

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
ink.net...
Roger Derby wrote:
For thin wall, bend. For rigid, use pipe fittings.

Thank you Roger.

I need to avoid bending because I have 7, eight foot long, arches that
need to be made parallel, in place and then, interconnected, which for my
bending skill is a dubious order, but said elbows would eliminate the
bending requirement, but I've had no luck with local suppliers.

Courtney

Charley

You didn't say whether you are using rigid conduit or EMT (which is thinwall
type conduit), but my first concern for what you are doing is that of
structural strength. Electrical conduit (both types) is designed to be soft
so it can be bent easily. It isn't designed to support much more than it'
own weight sand it is intended to be fastened to a supporting structure
every 5 feet or less. Are you sure that you don't need something stronger
for what you are making? Galvanized water pipe is considerably stronger than
electrical conduit and there are all sorts of angled fittings and adapters
available for it. Many of these fittings can also be used with rigid conduit
of the same size, but again, conduit is designed to be bent and pipe is not.

In any case you should be able to find what you want at hardware stores (for
all), electrical distributors (for electrical) or plumbing distributors (for
pipe and fittings).
--
Charley

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
ink.net...
How can I get in touch with said supplier ?
Thank you,
Courtney

posted to rec.boats.building
Courtney Thomas

Charley wrote:
[...]

Thank you Charley. I am rethinking this project and may use either angle
iron or galv. pipe. I just had the conduit on hand.

Appreciatively,
Courtney