Default Watermaker for sale on EBAY - courtesy of Glenn & Jim

Glenn says it's alright and Jimbo agrees - so here one -

This one ought to fit both Glenn's and Jimbo's overdesigned ideas

Glenn Ashmore

JEEE-ZUS! A bit big for Rutu but Jim might could install it in that
forward balast tank. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Jim Woodward

15,000 gallons a day. That'll take care of Lloyd's big shower heads on Far
Cove. Of course at $74,000 to start it doesn't fit our cheap streak.....

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
w22 wrote in message ...
Glenn says it's alright and Jimbo agrees - so here one -

This one ought to fit both Glenn's and Jimbo's overdesigned ideas

Backyard Renegade

"Jim Woodward" jameslwoodward at attbi dot com wrote in message ...
15,000 gallons a day. That'll take care of Lloyd's big shower heads on Far
Cove. Of course at $74,000 to start it doesn't fit our cheap streak.....

It's ok, there is a photo and that's all he needs. Glenn should have
one built in a month or so and have schemes and photos of the working
model posted by spring.... of course, by the time he is done is will
probably cost him $80,000 to build it, but he can sell us the excess
material and come out even!
Scotty from Smallboats.com

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

.
w22 wrote in message ...
Glenn says it's alright and Jimbo agrees - so here one -

This one ought to fit both Glenn's and Jimbo's overdesigned ideas

Glenn Ashmore

Backyard Renegade wrote:

It's ok, there is a photo and that's all he needs. Glenn should have
one built in a month or so and have schemes and photos of the working
model posted by spring.... of course, by the time he is done is will
probably cost him $80,000 to build it, but he can sell us the excess
material and come out even!
Scotty from Smallboats.com

You don't know how true that statement is. :-) Actually the total cost
ended up about $2,500 but I think I blew about $300 on stainless high
pressure fittings, valves and miscellaneous gauges and switches that
were either wrong or not needed. OTOH, there is always somebody on eBay
willing to take them off my hands. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Jim Woodward

Glenn:

1) Would you send me a BOM of your watermaker and a list of the stuff you
have left over? I haven't made up my mind what we're going to use, but
maybe I'll just follow your lead.

2) I'll go halves with you on the 15,000 gallon a day job. We mount it on
Fintry, go down to the Bahamas and undersell the local vendors at US$0.40
per gallon -- better water, too. That's revenue of $6,000 a day, out of
pocket of about $300 (80kw genset takes eight US gallons an hour), and some
miscellaneous expenses. We'll clean up, and pay for the unit, Fintry and
Rutu in no time.

This is a good illustration of why voyaging boats have large fuel tanks and
relatively small water tanks. Watermakers will turn diesel into water at
around 100:1, so the water tanks are only for safety while the watermaker
provides comfort. Most coastal cruising boats have much more water than
fuel.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
newsl6rb.10845$62.184@lakeread04...

Backyard Renegade wrote:

It's ok, there is a photo and that's all he needs. Glenn should have
one built in a month or so and have schemes and photos of the working
model posted by spring.... of course, by the time he is done is will
probably cost him $80,000 to build it, but he can sell us the excess
material and come out even!
Scotty from Smallboats.com

You don't know how true that statement is. :-) Actually the total cost
ended up about $2,500 but I think I blew about $300 on stainless high
pressure fittings, valves and miscellaneous gauges and switches that
were either wrong or not needed. OTOH, there is always somebody on eBay
willing to take them off my hands. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Backyard Renegade

Glenn Ashmore wrote in message news:ol6rb.10845$62.184@lakeread04...
Backyard Renegade wrote:

It's ok, there is a photo and that's all he needs. Glenn should have
one built in a month or so and have schemes and photos of the working
model posted by spring.... of course, by the time he is done is will
probably cost him $80,000 to build it, but he can sell us the excess
material and come out even!
Scotty from Smallboats.com

You don't know how true that statement is.

Oh yes I do! I tinker too :0
Scotty

:-) Actually the total cost
ended up about $2,500 but I think I blew about $300 on stainless high
pressure fittings, valves and miscellaneous gauges and switches that
were either wrong or not needed. OTOH, there is always somebody on eBay
willing to take them off my hands. :-)

Backyard Renegade

Man, this group is the best! Starts off as a sarcastic, for sale,
troll, and turns into an "on topic" discussion on watermakers! Gotta
love rec.boats.builders !

Long live free enterprise, long live free speech!
Scotty, the backyard renegade