pete

Default Merlin Electrical UK company - watch out, dodgy dealers

Take care if you're dealing with this lot based in Poole UK; They take
your money real quick then they are short on delivery and if you have
a problem with the equipment, no matter how small, it's a REAL problem
getting it replaced.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I don't think so. Their whole attitude to
their customers sucks, and I really am not the awkward customer type.

First off I give them an order over the phone, all for stock items,
give them a credit card number, then they tell me its not all in
stock, but I can collect in two weeks. Next week I find that the whole
amount had been deducted from the card straight away, even though they
don't have it ready for me to take yet. After that, I go and collect
the lot, get it all home and - my mistake i guess - I did not take
every piece of equipment apart to check for cracks in the casings etc.

So after about 4 weeks I put one of the panels in my new boat and the
switch falls off, it had a crack all around and had just snapped. Had
to have been broken before, but I wondered if they would argue. Of
course they did, I sent it back, cost me 3 quid in postage and of
course they refused to honour the guarantee.

Even though I wasn't happy I bought another one with some extra cable
which they delivered. So the switch and extra cable turned up, short
in quantity. In fairness to them, they did phone to tell me but then
they wanted to charge me again for delivering the short delivery. When
I said no, just refund me the missing part they then wanted to hang on
to the money unitil I bought something else off them because it would
cost them about 4 quid to refund my card. This is after I spent £2000
with them.

Now the best bit is that today one of their minions rang me to confirm
they would not replace the switch (it costs £9 ) . So that I knew, but
when I bought the new switch, it comes without the label for the
switch function, thats a little extra which I didn't realise. Of
course the switch I sent back had its label still attatched, so I
asked the minion to kindly return the old switch. Not unreasonable?

Seems so, I have to pay them for the postage, just to get my property
back.

Nice business Mr Horton, Managing Director but this is not going to
end here.