Jacques Mertens

Default Jim Bett's "Hermit Crab"

Yes, it's one of his designs and close to what you saw in this newsletter.
He did send me some sketches and let's say that the Bolger Brick looks like
a very elegant design compared to the Hermit Crab.
Jim is currently cruising the Mississipi in that 10' . . . thing . . .
He planned to return in November but in the meantime, there is absolutely no
way to contact him.
He also intended to sell the plans.
His email is in that newsletter : pointpub at AOL.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Mile Sullivan" wrote in message
om...
I heard mention that Jim Betts is or was cruising the Mississippi in a
10 ft. boat known as the Hermit Crab. Is this one of his designs?
Would this be the same boat that Jim mentioned in a flyer which
originated as a service boat on the Amazon River?

I really like that boat if it's the one I'm thinking of. Is there any
information available on it anywhere?

Thanks,
Mike