Rick Tyler

Default selway fisher

On 12 Sep 2003 09:22:34 -0700, (Al) wrote:

Anybody considering buying plans should consider this designer (Paul
Fisher,
www.selway-fisher.com) very seriously if he provides a design
to your liking. He deals with his customers personally providing
detailed and helpful responses very quickly. (One email reply was
received around 2 minutes after the original email was sent!).

I am expecting some plans imminently, thus am not yet qualified to
comment on their quality, but I thought that this level of service
deserved mention to a wider audience.

Please note, I have no other connection with this company/designer
than as a pleased and satisfied customer.

I'm not surprised. All of the designers I've ever emailed or spoken
with in the amateur boatbuilding world have been helpful and friendly.
My guess is that the unhelpful hostile designers end up designing
barges and injection-molded plastic swimming pool boats.

Although an amazing number are ferriners (Mertens, Baker, Welsford,
Fisher...) It's like the world is more than just the US or
something.*

- Rick Tyler

*OK, Jacques and Stephen live in the USoA now, but they didn't start
here.

--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian
Paolo Zini

Anybody considering buying plans should consider this designer (Paul
Fisher, www.selway-fisher.com) very seriously if he provides a design
to your liking.

I am building the CAT 254 from Fisher...

He deals with his customers personally providing
detailed and helpful responses very quickly. (One email reply was
received around 2 minutes after the original email was sent!).

Yes. The man is a cooperative person. Useful an fast replies to mail
request...

I am expecting some plans imminently, thus am not yet qualified to
comment on their quality, but I thought that this level of service
deserved mention to a wider audience.

The plans are reasonably complete, but a bit "sintetic"...
But if you have any question you can write, the replay is always fast

Paolo

Brian D

Must be why he builds with wood. Wood is wood, wherever you speak English.
Aluminum is alley-moon-ium is some places (hehe). I wonder if they say
Unobtainium in the same way? Good stuff if I could find some...

Brian

"Rick Tyler" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:16:23 GMT, "Brian D"
wrote:

"Rick Tyler" wrote in message
.. .

Although an amazing number are ferriners (Mertens, Baker, Welsford,
Fisher...) It's like the world is more than just the US or
something.*

Mertens is from Belgium. Where's Steve from? UK?

Mr. Baker is from England. Can't you tell from the accent?

- Rick