Aluminumhullsailor

Default Anyone Building an Aluminum Sailboat?

Just wondering if anyone outthere was building an aluminum hulled sail
boat. I am planning on starting soon and was wondering if anyone had
pointers or experience with this type project. I am just trying to
find another amateur builder who may share some of the same problems I
will have! Hope to hear from someone....

James

"Aluminumhullsailor" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering if anyone outthere was building an aluminum hulled sail
boat. I am planning on starting soon and was wondering if anyone had
pointers or experience with this type project. I am just trying to
find another amateur builder who may share some of the same problems I
will have! Hope to hear from someone....

I was involved in the professional fitting out of an amateur built Ally
hull/Deck/keel. (68ft)
Builder gave up and client bought it
problems included rusty lead and magnetic ally!
The best price is not often the cheapest...