Peggie Hall

Default Fresh Water System Design Ideas.

However, speaking of combine vent:: I did end up with a problem of cross
over between my holding tank and my gray water tank. They share the same
vent and even though they are tee'd to gather about 3 ft above the tanks,
when ever the holding tank is full (I don't have gage) the liquid

flows over
into the gray water tank. Eventually I will discover the problem when the
gray water backs up into the ice box drain. YuK.

You're gonna have worse problems than that, Steve. There are animals
fats and other stuff in waste that are building up in your vent
line...they've prob'ly already reduced the diameter significantly and
will clog it. But you won't know it till both your gray water and waste
tanks have become pressurized...or you can't dump either one at sea
because of the vacuum created...or worse yet, a particularly strong
pumpout implodes a tank.

I'd also very surprised if whatever gasses are forced out your vent
aren't noxious enough to knock out any birds or insects within 50' of
your boat!

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Lee Huddleston

The previous owner/builder of by sailboat incorporated an innovative
design you might find interesting. He built the hot water pipes in a
loop and installed a circulation pump. The pump is operated while the
water is heating up. Then, when a person needs to use the hot water
he/she does not need to run the hot water to get through cold water to
the hot. The hot water is always right at the faucet, thus saving
fresh water.

Lee Huddleston
s/v Truelove