Mike Bernardoni

Default Solar Boat

Better be careful about posting other sites URLs.. GOD ALMIGHTY
JACKO WITH CHEW YOUR ASS OUT!!! MIKE

Bob La Londe wrote:

In my search for the perfect boat... LOL ... I looked at many different ideas.

The small electric boats were interesting. Not very practical due to limited
range and function, but interesting.

Glen-L has three electric designs.
http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/poweryak.html
http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/ampeater.html
http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/lovoltage.html

Plus a couple electric motor setups
http://www.glen-l.com/designs/specia...tricdrive.html
http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/etm.html

Again, the idea is intriguing, but with every design you are either limited by
range or function. I am sure the kayak design has the range, but kayaks and me
just aren't meant to tangle.

Some of the launches are really interesting, but then the range is very limited.

Then I ran across this thing.
http://tinyurl.com/8vqg

I could not get the main site URL to open, but I found it on a froogle search.
Basically it is a n electric boat with an array of solar cells. That cures both
range and function problems. I sure it has its limitations. One of those would
be the ten thousand dollar price tag at Hamhocker and Slimer, but a creative
builder with basic electrical knowledge should be easily able to add solar cells
on a top to a design like this one.

http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/ampeater.html
or this one
http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/lovoltage.html

I already have my project figured out, and I'm not about to start anoither boat
building project, but I thought that somebody ehre might find the idea worth
playing with. Scotty? You like the small boats. What do you say? Take me for
a ride in your new solar powered electric boat when you finish it? LOL.

--
Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant
http://www.diycomponents.com
849 S Ave C
Yuma, Az 85364

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

ROC 103044, C-12
ROC 103047, L-67

--
"Has it ever struck you that fish bite best on the Sabbath? God's
critters tempting decent men."

-- James Barrie, author of Peter Pan, 1891
Brian Whatcott

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:47:43 -0500, Mike Bernardoni
wrote:

Better be careful about posting other sites URLs.. GOD ALMIGHTY
JACKO WITH CHEW YOUR ASS OUT!!! MIKE

Mike,
you are losing good-will. You might need some when you run across a
problem. People in the business are especially valuable, at times like
that. Sleep on it.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
Michael Bernardoni

Why do you say it is me who is loseing goodwill...I tried to offer free
will by posting a NON-COMMERCIAL WWW SITE thanking people for helping
me.....and got flamed by JACKO...

wrote:

Better be careful about posting other sites URLs.. GOD ALMIGHTY
JACKO WITH CHEW YOUR ASS OUT!!! MIKE

Mike,
you are losing good-will. You might need some when you run across a
problem. People in the business are especially valuable, at times like
that. Sleep on it.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

--
"Has it ever struck you that fish bite best on the Sabbath? God's
critters tempting decent men."

-- James Barrie, author of Peter Pan, 1891

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 04:23 PM
Where to find ramp stories? designo General 15 December 9th 03 09:57 PM
Dealing with a boat fire, checking for a common cause Gould 0738 General 14 November 5th 03 02:13 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM