Default BOAT PLANS

Has anyone here built any of the boats on this WWW site:
http://dngoodchild.com/load_small.htm I am interested in building one of
the boats but they won't give out the names of anyone that has ordered plans
from them(Privacy act) Thanks!! MIKE

John M. Wright

We have built 2 boats that are listed on dngoodchild's site, a 10ft sailboat
and a rather ugly cabin cruiser of sorts ( listed elsewhere on thier site ).
Before buying the plans from Goodchild, you might check
http://www.svensons.com/newweb/?boats and see if the one your interested in
is listed and available for download there. Most of the designs on
goodchild's site seem to be from magazine articles and can be located on the
web with a tad of searching.

Just my 2 cents................. Good Luck

John

wrote in message
Has anyone here built any of the boats on this WWW site:
http://dngoodchild.com/load_small.htm I am interested in building one of
the boats but they won't give out the names of anyone that has ordered

plans
from them(Privacy act) Thanks!! MIKE

Ed Edelenbos

Yeah... clarkcraft or Glen-L (www.glen-l.com) have great plans. Both
put out "real" plans... not reprints (or copies) of old magazine
articles. There is www.bateau.com also. All 3 of these offer more
extensive plans and partial to complete kits.

Ed

Lanze wrote:
try these guys also www.clarkcraft.com I thought they were old designs until
I saw what you had posted.
"Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message

What he said...

find one you are interested in and search for the name (or just try at
svensons). It's probably on the net already. Not to knock the guy...
he is printing them out for you and mailing them but you can probably
print it out satisfactorily on your own.

Ed

wrote in message

Has anyone here built any of the boats on this WWW site:
http://dngoodchild.com/load_small.htm I am interested in building one

of

the boats but they won't give out the names of anyone that has ordered

plans

from them(Privacy act) Thanks!! MIKE

Kiyu

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:28:06 -0500, wrote:

Has anyone here built any of the boats on this WWW site:
http://dngoodchild.com/load_small.htm I am interested in building one of
the boats but they won't give out the names of anyone that has ordered plans
from them(Privacy act) Thanks!! MIKE

Mike,

Which plans are you interested in? There is enough boating/boatbuilding
experience out here that you can tap into to answer most of your questions.

Goodchild copies & cleans up plans from old boatbuilding magazines that you can
pick up on Ebay or...you could just ask here & someone who has a copy may be
happy to scan them & send 'em on to you.

Kiyu

Wiz

Mike,

get a copy of HH Payson's book Build The NEW Instant Boats. Build Diablo.
You'll have a *MUCH* better boat for little extra effort and cost. Much, much,
much better.

cheers/Carron
"LABOR SVGIT"
Kiyu

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:44:04 -0500, Michael Bernardoni
wrote:

HI!! Looking for plans for a boat similar to this
one:http://www.bertaut.com/boat.html I have built several boats. I
refuse to pay 60 bucks plus shipping for plans!! THANKS!! MIKE

Hmmm.
The plans Goodchild sells are those already published in boat building books &
magazines. If your local library has the magazines you could get them there.
The primary fee for these designs were a part of the original magazine price.

Gator Bayou Boats plans probably haven't been published before with the intent
of free access to the plans so the "designer" is certainly due and should expect
his fee for his work. Not many folks will or should copy plans that the designer
or its rights owner is actively selling.

However I think I would be reluctant to pay that much for those particular plans
either. I used a 9 ft. double ender as a kid similar to his Pirogue but I don't
recall it flattening out on the floor when I leaned it up on its side.
Interesting site. And he sells Sonar powered lures & Harley parts as well.

Were there any specific plans from Goodchild you were looking for? These are old
designs and are generally of framed construction. You won't find many stitch &
glue boats there.

Kiyu