David Walker

Default Outrigger canoe plans

Hello to the group ,

Last Aug. . there was a post to this group as well as to others by
Michael and Kelly and they were looking for plans to build an outrigger
paddling canoe . Apparently the only design available for purchase that
could be found was the James Wharram Melanesia model . Which is not what
they were looking for since they were looking for a design closer to the
commercially built Ulua design offered by Gary Dierking in New Zealand .

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/garyd/ulua.html

Well , plans are now available to build the Ulua using the cedar strip
build technique , see :

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/garyd/plans.html

( So , Michael and Kelly , if you're still looking hopefully you find
this post and you find it of interest . I tried posting to your direct
email address which I still have in my sent folder but I keep receiving
a reply that it can't be delivered )

Best regards ,

David