jcassara

Default C&C Corvette Floor and Keel Questions

I need to pickup the floor on the port side of my Corvette.
The table is supported by two post, one at each end. They
pass through the floor. I can't lift the floor too much with
them in place and I can't seem to remove them. Were they
originaly set in the glass or has time mearly gotten a good
hold of them? What should I be looking for to remove them?

Of several reasons to get under the floor one is to get to
the keel bolts. The corvette has a shoal draft keel with a
steel centerboard. The centerboard is frozen. I was hoping
to lossen the keel in an effort to break the rust bond that
is holding the centerboard. I would then remove the center
board from the boat and refinish it. I will re-bed the keel
as well. Are the keel bolts covered with fiberglass? Where
is the pin for the swing keel? Is it also covered in
fiberglass and how does it come out?

John.